There is a lot of confusion about the events that EOS has planned in the upcoming days: on the one hand the launch of its native tokens on June 2 and on the other the Airdops that are planned for the next months, we will clarify all possible doubts and explain the steps to follow to avoid problems.
EOS – Native Tokens
At the launch, the development of the EOS token was made under the ERC-20 standard since they did not have their own blockchain. Next June 2 the EOS MainNet will be launched and a Swap will be made where all the ERC-20 tokens will be changed to native EOS tokens, leaving these former frozen and disabled to operate.
For this reason we must act before June 1 and perform the steps explained below, as otherwise you could lose your EOS tokens, there are two possibilities, have the tokens in an ethereum wallet or have the tokens in an exchange. Below we detail the steps to follow in both cases.
EOS in Ethereum Wallet
Users who have EOS tokens in an Ethereum wallet (those recommended by the EOS team are MyEtherWallet, Metamask and Ethereum Wallet) must register their tokens in the EOS network before June 1, otherwise they risk that their EOS funds are frozen.
What should be done in this case is to obtain the public key and the private key of the EOS network and link our Ethereum wallet to the public key that we have obtained from EOS.
The way to do it is as follows:
- Step 1: Go to the official EOS page
- Step 2: Press the GET EOS button
- Step 3: In the window that appears, check all the boxes and press CONTINUE:
- Step 4: Look for the next image on the page and press REGISTER.
- Step 5: In this step we must choose the wallet that we are going to use, it gives us 3 options to choose from depending on which wallet we use: Metamask, MyEtherWallet or Ethereum Wallet. In this tutorial we will explain the process with MyEtherWallet.
“If you use one of the other 2 wallets, you just have to follow the steps indicated in the lower part, since in each of the options there is a list of the steps that must be carried out to complete the process.”
- Step 6: Once we have chosen the Wallet where we have the EOS Tokens, we click GENERATE EOS TOKENS and it will generate a public key and a private key which we must save, since they are essential to claim the native tokens.
(always keep your keys in a safe place, if possible make a backup copy of all of them and never reveal your private key)
- Step 7: Go to the official page of MEW (MyEtherWallet) and go to the CONTRACTS tab
- Step 8: In the drop-down menu on the right (SELECT A CONTRACT…) Select EOS: Contribution
- Step 9: We make sure that the contract address that appears is: 0xd0a6E6C54DbC68Db5db3A091B171A77407Ff7ccf and then we click on ACCESS
- Step 10: in the SELECT A FUNCTION drop-down, choose the REGISTER option
- Step 11: A box will appear with the words “KEY STRING”, there you must put the public key that you obtained in step 6, in the lower part it will ask you to unlock your wallet, do it as you normally do.
- Step 12: Once unlocked press the ESCRIBIR (WRITE) button and a window will open where we have to observe that the Quantity to Send is ZERO and the GAS limit is between 90000 and 91000, (We also have to make sure that there is an amount of Ether in our wallet so that it can generate the transaction, otherwise it will give an error) then press GENERATE and accept the confirmation that it asks for.
After generating the transaction your Wallet will be verified.
To verify that we have made the process correctly, we will go to the eoscountdown page, enter our wallet and press Verify My EOS!
EOS in Exchange
Users who have their EOS Tokens in an Exchange must make sure that the Exchange will change the EOS ERC-20 tokens to the native tokens, otherwise they also run the risk of losing the funds, since once EOS passes to the Mainnet the tokens of the Ethereum network will be frozen.
Some Exchanges have announced that they will manage the change without their users having to perform any operation:
“On June 2, EOS will be transitioning from the Ethereum network to the EOS MainNet chain. Kraken will fully manage the token swap involved in this transition. All clients with EOS balances in their Kraken accounts do not need to move these tokens or do anything else in order to have their EOS converted from the Ethereum network to the EOS MainNet.”, says the Kraken team.
“Fellow Binancians, Binance would like to confirm that we will support the EOS MainNet Token Swap. We will handle all technical requirements involved for all users holding EOS.”
“Bitfinex is pleased to announce full support for the upcoming EOS MainNet Token Swap. As EOS transitions from Ethereum to the EOS MainNet chain, Bitfinex will manage all technical requirements for our users to ensure a smooth token registration process for those holding EOS on Bitfinex.”
“According to EOS official announcement their public test network has officially been released. KuCoin are pleased to inform you that we will support the EOS MainNet Token Swap and we will help all EOS holders on KuCoin to complete the token swap process. Related follow-ups to this subject will be announced separately.”
“We’re pleased to announce that we fully support the upgrade and token swap. If you’re holding TRON or EOS on WazirX, you don’t need to do anything at all. We will handle all technical requirements to ensure a smooth transition for those holding EOS or TRON on WazirX.”
Other Exchanges that have announced support in the swap:
CobinHood,CoinSpot, Gopax,OKEx, CoinEx, gate.io, FatBTC, BigONE, KKCoin, BCEX, OpenLedger DEX, OTCBTC.
If you have your tokens in one of these exchanges or in any other, make sure of which way the change will be managed.
“Keep in mind that if you choose to leave your tokens in an Exchange you can have your native EOS tokens but you may lose the opportunity to benefit from the Airdrops since normally Exchanges do not distribute them.”
EOS – Upcoming Airdrops
To obtain the tokens distributed in the Airdrops you will have to have your EOS in one of the following Wallets: MyEtherWallet, MetaMask or Ethereum Wallet. Once you have the tokens in one of these wallets you must register it in the EOS NETWORK the same way as we have explained in the previous step.
Once we have our registered account we do not have to do anything, the tokens distributed by the Airdrop will be stored in our Wallet.
These are the Airdrops that EOS has planned in the upcoming days:
MEET.ONE is a type of EOS ecological footbridge that allows you to participate in the ecological development of EOS.
Airdrop Date: June 1
Everipedia is the next-generation encyclopedia rebuilt for the modern era. It is already the largest English encyclopedia in the world by content, is free of ads and is free to use for all users of creative commons.
and so the Everpedia team announced the airdrop in a reddit thread:
“We are officially announcing the airdrop snapshot method as the EOS genesis snapshot tool for initial token balances. In the off chance that there is not an EOS mainnet or accepted genesis balance snapshot by June 15th 23:59:59 UTC, we will take the snapshot of registered token balances ourselves, otherwise we will adhere to the mainnet genesis snapshot for balances of EOS to airdrop to. This is the official and final decision.”
Airdrop Date: June 15
Scatter is a different way to sign and verify transactions without the need to expose private keys or other unnecessary information.
This Airdorp will make a distribution of 40 RIDL tokens for EOS holders at the time of capture. (You must register an Identity with RIDL to claim these tokens)
Airdrop Date: June 15
Chaince is a Blockchain asset trading platform focused on EOS projects.
Chaince will make a distribution of tokens in a 1:1 ratio, for each EOS that is held in the wallet at the time of capture, it will deliver 1 Token CET.
Airdrop Date: June 15
Horus Pay is a decentralized global payroll portal that allows companies to exchange secure private encrypted data with international payroll providers using Blockchain.
“We will use EOS.IO’s mainnet genesis snapshot to allocate balances at 1:1 ratio”, says the HorusPay team
Airdrop Date: June 30